For our staff wellness focus this month, I chose the theme “Maintain Don’t Gain”.
The holidays are here and that means parties, treats, eating out, and all kinds of activities that tend to lead to weight gain. I have challenged our staff to just try and maintain their current weight within 2 pounds. All those weight loss goals can wait until January.
Overall, we are trying to write down everything we eat and do something active for 30 minutes per day. Each day I send a daily tip to help everyone along the way.
Here are the first week’s tips:
- -keep a food journal
- -sit and relax for 5 minutes
- -drink 8 glasses of water
- -balance your week overall — eat a fatty restaurant meal one day, then balance the next with a lo-fat soup for dinner
- -when eating at a fast food restaurant, order the kids meal to lower portion size
- -take a walk
- -skip dessert today–instead wrap a treat up, write a thank-you note & deliver both to someone you owe some gratitude
It is working for me! I am actually down 1 pound 🙂 For more ideas on healthy meals for weight loss, check out Health Beet.