The month of October we are dedicating to ‘better breakfasts’. Starting your day off with a good breakfast can make the difference between a good day and a bad one. Breakfast restores your blood sugar to normal levels, gives you energy, and helps you put that focus into your day.
Better Breakfasts is possible by providing teachers with healthy breakfast recipe ideas, and quick recipe ideas for those days when they don’t feel like they have time for breakfast. Some quick breakfast ideas for those busy days are:
- Whole wheat toast and piece of fruit.
- Quick Oats, cooked with berries and coconut milk in the microwave.
- cereal topped with yogurt and fruit
- Muffins, pre-made and stored in the freezer.
- Scrambled eggs with whole wheat toast.
- Half a grapefruit and hard boiled egg.
- Smoothies, made with fruit and spinach with some orange juice.